Re: GM Document #1275527
Radio Setup With RPO UM8
Radio Theftlock Clear Procedure
Complete the following procedure, using a scan tool, in order to properly set up communication:
Using a connected Tech2,
1. At the Main Menu screen, select: Diagnostics.
2. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following options:
■ Model Year
■ LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete
3. At the System Selection Menu screen, select: Body
4. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following:
■ Appropriate model
■ Appropriate Air Conditioning
■ Navigation Radio
5. At the Body Screen, select: Navigation Radio.
6. At the Radio screen, select: Special Functions.
7. At the Special Functions screen, select: VIN Relearn.
8. At the VIN Relearn screen, the scan tool will display "Do you want to clear radio theft information?"
9. To begin clearing, press the soft touch key on the top right of the scan tool. The scan tool will display "Clearing Radio Theft in Progress."
10. Press EXIT on the scan tool and cycle the ignition.
The radio theft will learn the VIN. Without learning the VIN, the radio will display a locked message (LOC or LOCKED).